CEN - PREN 17128
Non-approved light motorized vehicles for the transportation of persons and goods and related facilities - Personal light electric vehicles (PLEV) - Safety requirements and test methods
|Publication Date:||1 July 2017|
|ICS Code (Electric road vehicles):||43.120|
This draft European Standard applies to personal light electric vehicles totally or partially electrically powered from self-contained power sources with or without self-balancing system.
This draft European Standard applies to vehicles having battery voltages up to 100VDC, and/or an integrated battery charger with up to a 240VAC input.
It specifies safety requirements, test methods, marking and information relating to personal light electric vehicles to reduce the risk of injuries to both third parties and the user during intend use, i.e. when used as intended and under condition of misuse that are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer.
This draft tandard does not apply to:
- vehicles that are considered as toys;
- vehicles without self-balancing system with a seat;
- vehicles intended for competition;
- electrically powered assisted cycle (EPAC);
- vehicles and/or devices intend for use under medical care;
- electric vehicles having a maximum speed above 25 Km/h;
- vehicles having a rated voltage of more than 100VDC or 240VAC.