DODD 1400.25 VOL 1417
DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Civilian Transition Program (CTP) for Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Employees Affected by Workforce Reductions
|Publication Date:||19 June 2015|
a. Instruction. This instruction is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. The purpose of the overall instruction, in accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5124.02 (Reference (a)), is to establish and implement policy, establish procedures, provide guidelines and model programs, delegate authority, and assign responsibilities regarding civilian personnel management within the DoD.
b. Volume. In accordance with the authority in DoDD 1400.25 (Reference (b)), this volume reissues Volume 1417 of DoD Instruction (DoDI) 1400.25 (Reference (c)) to establish policy, assign authority and responsibility, and prescribe procedures for:
(1) Implementing the DoD CTP for NAF employees.
(2) Accomplishing reductions and realignments of the Department's NAF workforce with minimum employee and organizational disruption and in a humane and effective manner.
(3) Achieving objectives through employment placement, civilian separation incentives, early retirement, retraining initiatives, transition entitlements and benefits, and continuity of operations tools.
APPLICABILITY. This volume applies to:
a. OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to collectively in this volume as the "DoD Components").
(1) The Army and Air Force Exchange Service may be considered a DoD Component for the purposes of this volume if delegated authority to oversee NAF CTP policies by the Secretary of the Army and the Secretary of the Air Force.
(2) The United States Marine Corps, the Navy Exchange Service Command, and the Commander, Navy Installations Command may be considered DoD Components for the purposes of this volume if delegated authority to oversee NAF CTP policies by the Secretary of the Navy.
b. All NAF employees and positions within the DoD, including those NAF positions authorized to receive funding from appropriated funds (APF).