CEI EN 61010-2-202
Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use Part 2-202: Particular requirements for electrically operated valve actuators
|Publication Date:||1 October 2017|
|ICS Code (Test conditions and procedures in general):||19.020|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Metrology and measurement in general):||17.020|
|ICS Code (Safety of machinery):||13.110|
Equipment included in scope
This part of IEC 61010 specifies the safety requirements for electric ACTUATORs and SOLENOIDs, as applied to valves, intended to be installed in an industrial process or discrete control environment.
This part of IEC 61010 specifies:
- particular safety requirements for general purpose electrically operated valve ACTUATORs and SOLENOIDs,
- related verification tests.
The general purpose electrically operated valve ACTUATORs and SOLENOIDs, covered by this part of IEC 61010 are limited to:
- those rated 600 V alternative current/ 840 V direct current or less,
Service personnel interface to equipment included in the scope of this document.
This standard applies only to computers, processors, etc. which form part of equipment within the scope of this standard or are designed for use exclusively with the equipment.
NOTE Computing devices and similar equipment within the scope of IEC 60950 and conforming to its requirements are considered to be suitable for use with equipment within the scope of this standard. However, some of the requirements of IEC 60950 for resistance to moisture and liquids are less stringent than those in this standard
Equipment excluded from scope
This standard excludes
- electric ACTUATORs and SOLENOIDs for use in explosive atmospheres, as covered by the IEC 60079 series of standards;
- mechanical parts/aspects of valves;
- ACTUATORs and SOLENOIDs performing a safety function as covered by the IEC 61508 series of standards;
NOTE A positioner is defined as a "physical unit delivering an additional, often mechanical, feedback to a mechanical final controlling element that improves its velocity and precision" in IEC 60050-351:2013, 351-56- 17.