Operational safety management
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
|ICS Code (Occupational safety. Industrial hygiene):||13.100|
|ICS Code (Company organization and management in general):||03.100.01|
This standard has been compiled for entrepreneurs who wish to establish OSM in their companies. The requirements described in this standard are meant to enable the entrepreneur to identify and systematically control operational safety components in a suitable manner. OSM should, for example, take the following risk groups into consideration:
• occupational safety and health
• environmental protection, incidents pursuant to emissions reporting regulations such as the German Federal Emission Control Act (Bundes- Immissionsschutzgese
• personal safety and security and safety of events
• security of objects, including intrusion protection
• fire prevention/protectio
• machines, plant and equipment
• goods, products, commodities, hazardous substances
• data protection, data security
• building infrastructure
This standard does not cover financial aspects and business risks of a company.
An existing or certified QM/OSH/environmental
OSM can essentially be implemented in all industries and in enterprises of all sizes.
A continuous improvement process (CIP) is the prerequisite for OSM and has to be integrated into OSM.