Cable networks for television signals, sound signals and interactive services – Part 2: Electromagnetic compatibility for equipment
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
|ICS Code (Other audio, video and audiovisual equipment):||33.160.99|
This part of IEC 60728:
• applies to the radiation characteristics and immunity to electromagnetic disturbance of EM-active equipment (active and passive equipment) for the reception, processing and distribution of television, sound and interactive multimedia signals as dealt with in the following parts of IEC 60728 series:
- IEC 60728-3, Active wideband equipment for cable networks;
- IEC 60728-4, Passive wideband equipment for coaxial cable networks;
- IEC 60728-5, Headend equipment;
- IEC 60728-6, Optical equipment;
• covers the following frequency ranges:
disturbance voltage injected into the mains 150 kHz to 30 MHz;
radiation from active equipment 5 MHz to 25 GHz;
immunity of active equipment 150 kHz to 25 GHz 1);
screening effectiveness of passive equipment 5 MHz to 3,5 GHz (25 GHz) 2);
• specifies requirements for maximum allowed radiation, minimum immunity and minimum screening effectiveness;
• describes test methods for conformance testing.
No measurement needs to be performed at frequencies where no requirement is specified.
Due to the fact that cable networks, the former cabled distribution systems for television and sound signals, are more and more used for interactive services, these networks also incorporate equipment that carries, besides the cable network equipment ports, also one or more telecom signal port(s). This equipment is called "multimedia network equipment".
The EMC behaviour of cable network equipment, telecommunication network equipment and multimedia network equipment can be described by the port structure given in Table 1: