CENELEC - EN 50562
Railway applications - Fixed installations - Process, protective measures and demonstration of safety for electric traction systems
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
|ICS Code (Electric traction equipment):||29.280|
This European Standard defines the process, protective measures and demonstration of safety in accordance with EN 50126 for conventional electric traction systems for railways. This standard can also be applied to guided mass transport systems and trolleybus systems. All these systems can be elevated, at-grade and underground.
Other systems including those listed below were not assessed and therefore are outside the scope of this European Standard:
- underground mine traction systems,
- cranes, transportable platforms and similar transportation equipment on rails, temporary structures (e.g. exhibition structures) in so far as these are not supplied directly or via transformers from the contact line system and are not endangered by the traction power supply system,
- suspended cable cars,
- funicular railways,
- magnetic levitated systems,
- railways with inductive power with inductive contactless transmission of the energy from the electric traction power supply system to the electrically powered traction unit,
- railways with buried contact line system that is required to be energised only below the train to ensure safety,
For similar technology and similar hazardous scenarios, the safety considerations of this standard can be used as a guideline. This European Standard applies to conventional electric traction systems, which are new or are undergoing major changes.