CEN - EN ISO 11298-2
Plastics piping systems for renovation of underground water supply networks - Part 2: Lining with continuous pipes
|Publication Date:||1 February 2018|
|ICS Code (Plastics fittings):||23.040.45|
|ICS Code (External water conveyance systems):||93.025|
|ICS Code (Plastics pipes):||23.040.20|
This document, read in conjunction with ISO 11298‑1, specifies requirements and test methods for pipes and fittings which are part of plastics piping systems installed as continuous pipes in the renovation of underground water supply networks. It is applicable to PE pipes of three different types:
- PE solid wall single layered pipes (nominal outside diameter, dn), including any identification stripes;
- PE pipes with co-extruded layers on either or both the outside and inside of the pipe (total outside diameter, dn), as specified in Annex A, where all layers have the same MRS rating;
- PE coated pipes (outside diameter, dn) having a peelable, contiguous, thermoplastics additional layer on the outside of the pipe ("coated pipe"); see Annex A.
In addition, it covers
- jointing of pipe lengths by means of butt fusion, and
- fabricated and injection-moulded fittings made of PE.
It is applicable to PE pipes, fittings and assemblies intended to be used at an operating temperature of 20 °C as the reference temperature.
NOTE For applications operating at constant temperatures greater than 20 °C and up to 40 °C, see ISO 4427‑1:2007, Annex A.