Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-114: Particular requirements for self-balancing personal transport devices for use with batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes
|Publication Date:||1 April 2018|
|ICS Code (Electric road vehicles):||43.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This part of IEC 60335 deals with the electrical safety of self-balancing personal transport devices for use with batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance;
- operational safety such as speed restriction, falling hazards, rapid acceleration.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national transport authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);