DODD 5100.76-M CE-01
Physical Security of Sensitive Conventional Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives (AA&E)
|Publication Date:||8 May 2018|
a. Reissues DoD 5100.76-M (Reference (a)) in accordance with the authority in DoD Directive 5143.01 (Reference (b)) and DoD Instruction 5100.76 (Reference (c)) to prescribe minimum standards and criteria for the physical security of DoD sensitive conventional AA&E in the custody of any DoD Component, DoD contractor, and foreign military sales (FMS) or security cooperation (SC) programs.
b. Establishes requirements to protect sensitive conventional AA&E stored at DoD and DoD contractor AA&E activities adequately during peacetime conditions.
a. Applies to:
(1) OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (hereinafter referred to collectively as the "DoD Components").
(2) Sensitive conventional AA&E designated Security Risk Categories (SRC) I-IV and uncategorized (CAT-U) AA&E as described and categorized in this Manual, at AA&E facilities and installations. It also applies to the storage and transportation of classified SRC I-IV AA&E in accordance with DoD Manual 5200.01 (Reference (d)).
b. Does NOT apply to:
(1) Nuclear weapons.
(2) Devices charged with chemical agents, except as specified in this Manual.
(3) Blank, inert training ammunition, or rim-fire ammunition.
(4) AA&E aboard USS and USNS vessels.
(5) Non-lethal ammunition and other inert, non-explosive munitions items not categorized as SRC III or IV.
(6) Liquid pepper spray used for law enforcement or security that is available as a commercial off-the-shelf product.
(7) Demilitarized weapons, which shall be secured as the DoD Components direct.
(8) Commercially procured SRC III and IV AA&E while at a commercial production facility; however, when such items are placed in transit to a DoD activity, all pertinent requirements of Enclosure 10 of this Manual apply.