CENELEC - EN 50173-4
Information technology - Generic cabling systems - Part 4: Homes
|Publication Date:||1 June 2018|
|ICS Code (Lines, connections and circuits):||33.040.50|
This standard specifies generic cabling for homes. A home can contain one or more buildings or can be within a building that contains more than one home. It covers balanced cabling, optical fibre cabling, and coaxial cabling. This standard specifies generic cabling for two groups of applications:
- Information and Communications Technologies (ICT);
- Broadcast and Communications Technologies (BCT). This standard specifies directly or via reference to EN 50173-1 the:
- structure and minimum configuration for generic cabling within homes;
- interfaces at the telecommunications outlet (TO) and broadcast outlet (BO);
- performance requirements for cabling links and channels;
- implementation requirements and options;
- performance requirements for cabling components;
- conformance requirements and verification procedures.
This standard has taken into account requirements specified in application standards listed in EN 50173-1.
Safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements are outside the scope of this standard and are covered by other standards and regulations. However, information given in this standard can be of assistance in meeting these standards and regulations