|Publication Date:||1 July 2018|
The standard is applicable to all types of floating offshore units, including loading buoys, and covers the following mooring system components:
- stud chain
- studless chain
- Kenter shackles, D-shackles with dimension according to ISO 1704
- LTM shackles
- suction-friction components
- purpose built connection elements
- buoyancy and weight elements
- steel wire ropes
- fibre ropes
- windlass, winch and stopper
This standard includes prescriptive requirements based on existing technology and operations.
Prescriptive requirements are not intended to inhibit the development and application of new technology and operations, and available technological and technical improvements at the time of application should be taken into account.