Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-108: Particular requirements for electrolysers
|Publication Date:||1 January 2008|
|ICS Code (Laundry appliances):||97.060|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrolysers that produce low viscosity, ionized liquids intended for use as detergent free wash water in appliances for household and similar purposes and which conform with the standards applicable to such appliances. It applies to electrolysers tested separately, under the most severe conditions that may be expected to occur in normal use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that may contain electrolysers are
- dishwashers (IEC 60335-2-5);
- washing machines (IEC 60335-2-7);
- appliances producing wash water for hygiene purposes.
NOTE 102 This standard does not supersede the requirements of standards relevant to the particular appliance in which the electrolyser is used. However, if the electrolyser used complies with this standard, the tests for the electrolyser specified in the particular appliance standard may not need to be made in the particular appliance or assembly. If the electrolyser control system is associated with the particular appliance control system, additional tests may be necessary on the final appliance. A guide for additional requirements to be considered for inclusion in the end product standards for appliances that use electrolysers is given in Annex BB.
NOTE 103 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 104 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).