Industrial automation systems and integration - Product data representation and exchange - Part 223: Application protocol: Exchange of design and manufacturing product information for cast parts
|Publication Date:||1 April 2008|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of ISO 10303 specifies the use of the integrated resources necessary for the scope and information requirements for exchange, archiving and sharing of design and manufacturing product information for cast parts.
NOTE 1 The application activity model, in Annex F, provides a graphical representation of the processes and information flows which are the basis for the definition of the scope of this part of ISO 10303.
The following are within the scope of this part of ISO 10303:
- the manufacturing of a cast part made by sand, die, and investment casting processes;
- parts that are to be manufactured by casting processes;
- design data for cast parts, including geometry, materials, tolerances, required physical and mechanical properties, required tests;
- casting features for defining shapes necessary for casting processes;
NOTE 2 The casting feature set is defined in this part of ISO 10303.
- manufacturing features for defining shapes necessary for machining processes;
- manufacturing features for defining shapes necessary for casting process;
- explicit representation of the 3D shape of casting features through bounded geometry representations;
- geometric and dimensional tolerances of the parts being manufactured;
- materials, and properties of the parts being manufactured;
- characterization of products used to make cast parts, including moulds, dies, equipment, materials, and consumable items;
- customer order administrative data to track receipt of an order for a cast part to the shop floor, but not including tracking of the order on the shop floor;
- approval data to authorize the manufacture of a cast part;
- requisition administrative data to identify requirements and track the status of materials and equipment needed to manufacture a cast part;
- work order data to track and identify the status of a cast part;
- tracking the state of raw stock for documenting the manufacturing history of a cast part;
- tracking a design exception notice of a cast part;
NOTE 3 The design exception notice relates to discrepancies in the features used to describe a cast part's shape.
- process plans for parts that are made by sand, die, and investment casting processes:
- process data for part routing which includes manufacturing process and setup sequencing;
- process data for operation;
- work instructions for the tasks required to manufacture a cast part, which include:
- references to the resources required to perform the work;
- the sequences of the work instructions;
- relationships of the work to the part geometry;
- specifications for patterns and die assemblies;
- input to and output from casting process simulation software;
- data exchange between customer and foundry, within the foundry, and between foundry and supplier;
- use of data for foundry automation and shop floor control;
- use of data for archiving of design and manufacturing data for cast parts.
NOTE 4 Data supported by this part of ISO 10303 might need to be archived to meet legal and regulatory requirements, and to meet quality objectives.
The following are outside the scope of this part of ISO 10303:
- centrifugal cast parts;
- data describing rules, guidelines and expert knowledge used to design and manufacture cast parts;
- data describing why a particular design or manufacturing decision was made;
- forging data;
- pit moulding;
- shop floor scheduling data;
- process plans for making patterns, dies, and other tooling;
- algorithms used to obtain simulation results.