Comprehensive Transboundary Water Quality Management Agreement With Guidelines for Development of a Management Plan, Standards, and Criteria
|Publication Date:||1 January 2009|
PURPOSES OF AGREEMENT
1. The Waters of the __________ Basin are affected by local, national, and regional interests, and their planning, conservation, utilization, development, management, and control, under appropriate arrangements for intergovernmental cooperation, are public purposes for the respective signatory Parties.
2. The purposes of this Agreement are to promote comity; alleviate causes of present and future controversy; make secure and protect present developments within the governments of the _____ Basin; and encourage and provide for the planning, conservation, utilization, development, management, and control of the water resources of the ______ Basin.
3. The purposes include providing for cooperative planning, financing, and action by the signatory Parties with respect to water quality such that human health and beneficial uses are protected.
4. These policies seek to apply reasonable and nondiscriminatory treatment to all water users, and to all users of related facilities without regard to established political boundaries.
5. A controlling Commission is to be established to carry out the operations within the __________ Basin.