Gateway control protocol: Inactivity timer package
|Publication Date:||1 March 2009|
This package contains an event that can be implemented by a media gateway controller (MGC) and by a media gateway (MG) on its root termination. The purpose of the event is to allow the MG to detect periods of silence of H.248 messaging from the MGC. Once the period of silence exceeds the threshold provided in the event, the MGC is notified.
This package allows MGs to:
1) detect MGC failure; or/and
2) detect failures or short-term interruptions of the H.248 transport connection (see also Note 1 in clause F.3.6 of [ITU-T H.248.1)
through H.248 message silence.
This revision provides the following clarifications for the inactivity timer package version
• the event inactivity timeout (ito) may be provisioned;
• the event parameter maximum inactivity time (mit) is an optional element;
• the event parameter maximum inactivity time (mit) has a default value, which may be provisioned.
This revision also provides an example setting for the inactivity timer.