Optical fibre cable elements for microduct blowing-installation application
|Publication Date:||1 July 2008|
- refers to microduct fibre units and microduct cables to be used for telecommunications networks with blowing installation techniques;
- deals with mechanical and environmental characteristics of microduct fibre units and microduct cables. The optical fibre dimensional and transmission characteristics, together with their test methods, should comply with [IEC 60793-2-10], [ITU-T G.652], [ITU-T G.653], [ITU-T G.654], [ITU-T G.655], [ITU-T G.656] and [ITU-T G.657] which deal with multi-mode graded index optical fibres and single-mode optical fibres, respectively;
- deals with fundamental considerations related to optical fibre cable from mechanical and environmental standpoints;
- acknowledges that some optical fibre cables may contain metallic elements, for which reference should be made to [b-ITU-T Handbook] and other L-series Recommendations;
- recommends that microduct fibre units and microduct cables should be provided with end-sealing and protection during delivery and storage, as used for metallic cables.