CEN - EN 1804-2
Machines for underground mines - Safety requirements for hydraulic powered roof supports - Part 2: Power set legs and rams
|Publication Date:||1 October 2001|
|ICS Code (Tunnelling and tubing equipment):||73.100.10|
This standard specifies the safety requirements for legs and rams when used as specified by the manufacturer or his authorised representative. Examples covered by the standard include legs, support rams and rams with their mechanical extensions, internal valves and safety devices, seals, hydraulic connections (up to the first hose or Type B valve, see Part 3) and their lifting points but excluding protective pipes and gaiters, external valves and hydraulic and electrohydraulic control systems.
NOTE Some components are dealt with in other parts of this standard.
This standard applies to legs, support rams and rams used at ambient temperatures from -10 °C to 60 °C.
This standard identifies and takes account of:
- Possible hazards which may be caused by the operation of legs, support rams and rams;
- Areas and operating conditions which may create such hazards;
- Hazardous situations which may cause injury or may be damaging to health.
This standard describes methods for the reduction of these hazards.
A list of hazards covered appears in clause 4.
This standard is applicable to all legs, support rams and rams placed on the market for the first time and which are manufactured after the date on which this standard was published.
This European standard does not establish the additional requirements for:
- Specially corrosive environments;
- Hazards occurring during construction, transportation, decommissioning;