CENELEC - CLC/TS 50537-4
Railway applications - Mounted parts of the traction transformer and cooling system - Part 4: Gas and liquid actuated (Buchholz) relay for liquid immersed transformers and reactors with conservator for rail vehicles
|Publication Date:||1 February 2010|
|ICS Code (Transformers. Reactors):||29.180|
|ICS Code (Tractive stock):||45.060.10|
This Technical Specification covers gas and liquid actuated (Buchholz) relays for liquid immersed transformers and reactors with conservator for rail vehicles.
The device is intended to detect
• gas release from the unit to be protected,
• cooling liquid surge from the protected unit to the conservator,
• complete loss of the cooling liquid in the conservator.
This Technical Specification gives consideration to both technical and normative requirements of the railway environment and restricts the variety in particular provided by the industry-wide standard EN 50216-2. It determines requirements and tests enabling the interchangeability of Buchholz relays by defining the following types of interfaces:
• mechanical interface, e.g. flanges for pipe connection, dimensions;
• electrical interface, e.g. supply voltage for making and breaking capability;
• functional interface, e.g. protective operational behaviour.
It is not applicable to flameproof relays. Different liquids may be used, which are typically used for both cooling and insulating.
Furthermore, operating conditions are described.