CEN - EN 13954
Food processing machinery - Bread slicers - Safety and hygiene requirements
|Publication Date:||1 October 2005|
|ICS Code (Plants and equipment for the food industry):||67.260|
This European Standard specifies safety and hygiene requirements for the design and manufacture of bread slicing machines of type 1 and 2 as defined in Clause 3.
The intended use of these machines is to cut baked bread into slices.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to bread slicers machines, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
This European Standard covers requirements for the safe operation of the machine including: loading, cutting, unloading, cleaning, crumb removal and maintenance.
These machines can be manually or automatically operated.
The following machines are excluded from the scope of this document:
- experimental and testing machines under development by the manufacturer;
- frame cutter machines with multiple blades moving horizontally;
- domestic appliances and machines intended for use by the general public;
- machines with horizontal circular cutting systems;
- rectangular cutting machines for cutting or sawing of panel size products into small pieces.
The significant hazards covered by this document are described in Clause 4.
In drafting this European Standard, it has been assumed that the bread slicers falling within the scope are operated only by trained personnel and that the machines are not intended to be cleaned with water jet.
This European Standard is not applicable to bread slicing machines which are manufactured before the date of publication of this European Standard.