CENELEC - EN 50491-3
General requirements for Home and Building Electronic Systems (HBES) and Building Automation and Control Systems (BACS) - Part 3: Electrical safety requirements
|Publication Date:||1 July 2009|
|ICS Code (Automatic controls for household use):||97.120|
This European Standard provides the electrical safety requirements for all devices connected to HBES/BACS.
This European Standard is applicable to
- operator stations and other human system interface devices,
- devices for management functions,
- control devices, automation stations and application specific controllers,
- field devices,
- cabling and interconnection of devices.
This European Standard covers the following requirements and compliance criteria:
- protection from hazards in the device;
- protection from overvoltages on the network;
- protection from touch current;
- protection from hazards caused by different type of circuits;
- protection of the communication wiring from overheating caused by excessive current.