CEN - EN 12581
Coating plants - Machinery for dip coating and electrodeposition of organic liquid coating material - Safety requirements
|Publication Date:||1 December 2005|
|ICS Code (Paint coating equipment):||87.100|
This European Standard applies to the design and construction of machinery for dip coating and electrodeposition of organic liquid coating material to industrial items.
This machinery consists of the following equipment:
- Transport system including hoists;
- Dip tank and safety tank;
- forced ventilation system;
- ancillary equipment such as pumps, filters, heaters.
This European Standard deals with the significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to dip and electrophoretic coating machinery when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
In addition, the equipment marking and minimum use requirements are specified.
This European Standard does not cover:
- automatic loading and unloading systems;
- lifting accessories;
- dip and electrophoretic coating tanks without any technical devices such as enclosure, lip extractions, pumps, heaters;
- machinery for organic liquid coating material preparation, supply and draining systems (e.g. pumps);
- water and waste liquids treatment machinery;
- dip and electrodeposition coating machinery for web or coil coating;
- dip and electrophoretic coating machinery with tank volume less than 1 m3;
This European Standard is not applicable to industrial machinery for dip or electrophoretic coating processes which are manufactured before the date of publication of this European Standard by CEN.