Fasteners - Part 27: Steel screws, bolts and studs with adhesive coating - Technical delivery conditions
|Publication Date:||1 September 2009|
|ICS Code (Bolts, screws, studs):||21.060.10|
This standard specifies functional characteristics of microencapsulated adhesive coatings applied on steel screws, bolts and studs ("bolts" for short)
- with ISO metric screw thread as in DIN ISO 261,
- with a nominal thread diameter between 3 mm and 39 mm (coarse-pitch),
- with a nominal thread diameter between 8 mm and 39 mm (fine-pitch),
- assigned to property classes in accordance with DIN EN ISO 898-1, DIN EN ISO 3506-1 and DIN 267-13,
- with bright-finished and coated surfaces,
- for use at service temperatures ranging from -50 °C to 100 °C and, for special applications, up to 150 °C.
This standard specifies a suitability test for microencapsulated adhesive coatings on a specified test bolt and a system performance test for bolts with microencapsulated adhesive coatings at ambient temperature and at higher temperatures. The system performance test for bolt surfaces with incorporated and/or additionally applied lubricants is only applicable when carried out at ambient temperature.
The (informative) Annex A contains information regarding the system performance test of bolt surfaces with incorporated and/or additionally applied lubricant at higher temperatures.