MOBILE ELECTRIC POWER SYSTEMS (MEPS)
|Publication Date:||24 August 2018|
Purpose: In accordance with the authority in the Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 5134.01; the January 5, 2018, Secretary of Defense Memorandum; the January 31, 2018, Deputy Secretary of Defense Memorandum; and the July 13, 2018 Deputy Secretary of Defense Memorandum, this issuance:
• Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides guidance for the development, standardization, acquisition, and management of MEPS for the DoD.
• Establishes the MEPS Program Office to coordinate acquisition of MEPS.
• Updates and incorporates MEPS procedures.
• Recognizes the MEPS Joint Standardization Board (JSB) as a forum to coordinate joint interoperability and standardization.
• Takes precedence over all DoD Components publications that contains conflicting guidance regarding MEPS.