ISO/IEC TS 19608
Guidance for developing security and privacy functional requirements based on ISO/IEC 15408
|Publication Date:||1 October 2018|
|ICS Code (IT Security):||35.030|
This document provides guidance for:
- selecting and specifying security functional requirements (SFRs) from ISO/IEC 15408-2 to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII);
- the procedure to define both privacy and security functional requirements in a coordinated manner; and
- developing privacy functional requirements as extended components based on the privacy principles defined in ISO/IEC 29100 through the paradigm described in ISO/IEC 15408-2.
The intended audience for this document are:
- developers who implement products or systems that deal with PII and want to undergo a security evaluation of those products using ISO/IEC 15408. They will get guidance how to select security functional requirements for the Security Target of their product or system that map to the privacy principles defined in ISO/IEC 29100;
- authors of Protection Profiles that address the protection of PII; and
- evaluators that use ISO/IEC 15408 and ISO/IEC 18045 for a security evaluation.
This document is intended to be fully consistent with ISO/IEC 15408; however, in the event of any inconsistency between this document and ISO/IEC 15408, the latter, as a normative standard, takes precedence.