Low-voltage electrical installations – Part 7-718: Requirements for special installations or locations – Communal facilities and workplaces
|Publication Date:||1 March 2011|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
This part of IEC 60364 provides additional requirements for electrical installations applicable to communal facilities and workplaces.
Typical examples of communal facilities and workplaces are listed below:
- assembly halls, assembly rooms;
- exhibition halls;
- theatres, cinemas;
- sports arenas;
- sales areas;
- hotels, guest houses, residential care homes;
- schools; - enclosed car parks;
- meeting places, swimming halls, airports, railway stations, high-rise buildings;
- workshops, factories and industrial plants.
Access routes and escape routes are part of the above-mentioned examples.
The necessity of providing safety services in special buildings and areas may be governed by national regulations which may contain more stringent requirements.
NOTE For safety services see IEC 60364-5-56.