ETSI - TS 102 925
Speech and multimedia Transmission Quality (STQ); Transmission requirements for Super-Wideband / Fullband handsfree and conferencing terminals from a QoS perspective as perceived by the user
|Publication Date:||1 October 2018|
The present document provides speech & audio transmission performance requirements and measurement methods for handsfree functions of super-wideband/fullb
Users become more sensitive to voice and music quality (for music used in conversational services) when using ICT/terminal equipment and so are more demanding for further enhancement especially further extension of the audio coded bandwidth.
For instance, this is the case for high quality conferencing services with music on hold, better background environment rendering and longer duration than normal point to point calls.
Standardized super-wideband and fullband codecs are now available, some being also compatible with wideband codecs.
The present document will consider only conversational services (that may be mixed with other services) and does not cover the streaming-only services.
Such applications include:
• Speech and audio communication including conferencing using high quality handsfree systems.
• Bandwidth extension which may allow usage for some mixed content applications.
• Super-wideband enhancement coupled with stereo/dichotic/mult
In the send path the signal may combine speech, music and environmental signals. The signal may be:
• acoustically captured by a microphone; or
• directly inserted through a digital or analog connection.
In the receive path, the signal may combine:
• communication signals such as described for send path, including environmental signals; and
• signals coming from distributed applications (e.g. advertisement, music on hold, etc.).