CENELEC - EN 60335-2-59
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-59: Particular requirements for insect killers
|Publication Date:||1 August 2003|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
|ICS Code (Miscellaneous domestic and commercial equipment):||97.180|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric insect killers for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
This standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by appliances and machines that are encountered by all persons. However, in general, it does not take into account:
- children playing with the appliance;
- the use of the appliance by very young children;
- the use of the appliance by young children without supervision.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this standard.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- appliances that function by emitting vaporized chemicals;
- appliances emitting ultrasonic waves;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
NOTE 103 For appliances provided with discharge lamps or tungsten filament lamps, IEC 60598‑1 also applies as far as is reasonable.