DODD 4715.06 VOL 3
REGULATIONS ON VESSELS OWNED OR OPERATED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE: BALLAST WATER, WELLDECK SEDIMENT, AND ANCHOR SEDIMENT MANAGEMENT
|Publication Date:||31 August 2018|
Purpose: This manual is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive 5134.01:
• This manual implements policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides procedures for environmental compliance of vessels owned or operated by DoD.
• This volume implements:
• A ballast water management program to minimize the risk of introduction of nonindigenous species from releases of ballast water from seagoing ships of DoD in accordance with Section 4713 of Title 16, United States Code, also known as Section 1103 of the Nonindigenous Aquatic Nuisance Prevention and Control Act of 1990, as amended by the National Invasive Species Act of 1996.
• Part 1700 of Title 40, Code of Federal Regulations.
APPLICABILITY. This volume:
a. Applies to OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within DoD (referred to collectively in this volume as the "DoD Components").
b. Does not apply to those DoD Components that do not:
(1) Own or operate public vessels.
(2) Have shore facilities that service DoD vessels or other authorized vessels.