CEN - EN ISO 11299-2
Plastics piping systems for renovation of underground gas supply networks - Part 2: Lining with continuous pipes
|Publication Date:||1 December 2018|
|ICS Code (Petroleum products and natural gas handling equipment):||75.200|
|ICS Code (Plastics fittings):||23.040.45|
|ICS Code (Plastics pipes):||23.040.20|
This document, read in conjunction with ISO 11299‑1, specifies requirements and test methods for pipes and fittings which are part of plastics piping systems installed as continuous pipes in the renovation of underground gas supply networks. It is applicable to polyethylene (PE) pipes of three different types:
- PE solid wall single layered pipes (nominal outside diameter, dn), including any identification stripes;
- PE pipes with co-extruded layers on either or both the outside and inside of the pipe (total outside diameter, dn), as specified in Annex A, where all layers have the same MRS rating;
- Coated PE pipes (outside diameter, dn) having a peelable, contiguous, thermoplastics additional layer on the outside of the pipe ("coated pipe"), as described in Annex A.
In addition it covers:
- jointing of pipe lengths by means of butt fusion;
- fabricated and injection-moulded fittings made of PE;
It is applicable to PE pipes, fittings and assemblies intended to be used at an operating temperature of 20 °C as the reference temperature.
NOTE For other operating temperatures, guidance is given in ISO 4437‑5:2014.