CEN - EN 1708-2
Welding - Basic weld joint details in steel - Part 2: Non internal pressurized components
|Publication Date:||1 December 2018|
|ICS Code (Welded joints and welds):||25.160.40|
The purpose of this document is to exemplify sound and accepted welded connections applicable to welded not internal pressurized steel components. It does not promote the standardization of connections that may be regarded as mandatory or restrict development in any way.
The requirements of carrying capacity, fitness for purposes, fatigue and corrosion stress will be considered if necessary.
This document contains examples of connections welded by the following processes (process numbers according to EN ISO 4063):
- Manual metal arc welding (111);
- Self-shielded tubular-cored arc welding (114);
- Submerged arc welding (12);
- MIG welding; Metal inert gas welding with solid wire electrode (131);
- MAG welding; Metal active gas welding with sol
d wire electrode (135); - Tubular cored metal arc welding with active gas shield (136);
- MAG welding; Metal active gas welding with metal cored electrode (138);
- MIG welding; Metal inert gas welding with flux cored electrode (132);
- MIG welding; Metal inert gas welding with metal cored electrode (133);
- TIG welding; Tungsten inert gas arc welding (14).
Other processes by agreement.
Further requirements will be considered in accordance with existing application standards.