Cable networks for television signals, sound signals and interactive services – Part 6: Optical equipment
|Publication Date:||1 April 2011|
|ICS Code (Cabled distribution systems):||33.060.40|
|ICS Code (Other audio, video and audiovisual equipment):||33.160.99|
This part of IEC 60728 lays down the measuring methods, performance requirements and data publication requirements of optical equipment of cable networks for television signals, sound signals and interactive services.
• applies to all optical transmitters, receivers, amplifiers, directional couplers, isolators, multiplexing devices, connectors and splices used in cable networks;
• covers the frequency range 5 MHz to 3 000 MHz;
NOTE The upper limit of 3 000 MHz is an example, but not a strict value.
• identifies guaranteed performance requirements for certain parameters;
• lays down data publication requirements with guaranteed performance;
• describes methods of measurement for compliance testing.
All requirements and published data relate to minimum performance levels within the specified frequency range and in well-matched conditions as might be applicable to cable networks for television signals, sound signals and interactive services.