DOT - 49 CFR PART 130
OIL SPILL PREVENTION AND RESPONSE PLANS
|Publication Date:||1 October 2018|
(a) The requirements of this part apply to-
(1) Any liquid petroleum oil in a packaging having a capacity of 3,500 gallons or more; and (2) Any liquid petroleum or non-petroleum oil in a quantity greater than 42,000 gallons per packaging. (b) The requirements of this part have no effect on-
(1) The applicability of the Hazardous Materials Regulations set forth in subchapter C of this chapter; and
(2) The discharge notification requirements of the United States Coast Guard (33 CFR part 153) and EPA (40 CFR part 110).
(c) The requirements of this part do not apply to-
(1) Any mixture or solution in which oil is in a concentration by weight of less than 10 percent.
(2) Transportation of oil by aircraft or vessel. (3) Any petroleum oil carried in a fuel tank for the purpose of supplying fuel for propulsion of the transport vehicle to which it is attached.
(4) Oil transport exclusively within the confines of a non-transportationre
(d) The requirements in § 130.31(b) of this part do not apply to mobile marine transportation-relat
This part prescribes prevention, containment and response planning requirements of the Department of Transportation applicable to transportation of oil by motor vehicles and rolling stock.