Technical parameters for residual current operated protective devices with automatic reclosing feature for telecom applications
|Publication Date:||1 November 2018|
This Recommendation applies to residual current devices (RCDs) with automatic reclosing (RCDAs) and provides an overview of parameters and testing methods. RCDAs are equipped with an automatic-reclosing feature, called trip-free functionality. This Recommendation also covers built-in RCDAs.
The following device parameters are covered:
• appearance and structure
• dielectric properties
• temperature rise
• operating characteristics
• mechanical and electrical life
• performance at short-circuit current
• test function of the device
• technical requirements for RCDs functionally dependent on line voltage
• working conditions upon over current of main circuits
• surge current performance
• technical requirements for automatic-reclosing devices
• environmental adaption.
This Recommendation does not cover:
• quality assurance requirements.
This Recommendation covers RCDs with automatic reclosing which are owned by network operators and under the supervision of skilled persons, and used within restricted access areas.
NOTE - If there is an inconsistency between a requirement in this Recommendation and a requirement of the domestic laws and regulations which relates to electrical safety, the requirement of the domestic laws and regulations shall take priority.