CEN - EN 12697-33
Bituminous mixtures - Test method - Part 33: Specimen prepared by roller compactor
|Publication Date:||1 March 2019|
|ICS Code (Road construction materials):||93.080.20|
This document specifies the methods for compacting parallelepipedal specimens (slabs) of bituminous mixtures, to be used directly for subsequent testing, or from which test specimens are cut.
For a given mass of bituminous mixture, the specimens are prepared either under controlled compaction energy, or until a specified volume and therefore air voids content is obtained.
This document describes the following methods of compaction:
- method using a wheel or two wheels fitted with pneumatic tyres;
- methods using a steel roller, which includes 3 different procedures:
- steel roller;
- steel roller used on wheel fitted with pneumatic tyres;
- steel roller running on vertical sliding steel plates;
- method using a steel roller sector.
This document is applicable to bituminous mixtures manufactured in the laboratory or in a mixing plant.