CENELEC - EN IEC 60034-23
Rotating electrical machines - Part 23: Repair, overhaul and reclamation
|Publication Date:||1 March 2019|
|ICS Code (Rotating machinery in general):||29.160.01|
This part of IEC 60034 covers the procedures necessary to ensure the satisfactory repair, overhaul, and reclamation of all types and sizes of rotating electrical machines covered by the IEC 60034 series. The standard creates a generic industry procedure covering common aspects of a complete repair. The scope of work depends on the machine type, rating, condition, and the importance of plant reliability and safety. It includes
• determining cause of failure, where necessary;
• determining the extent of repair, as applicable;
• defining revised performance, operating and ambient conditions, if required;
• reviewing the original design, and upgrading the specification of the design, if required;
• proving the quality and performance of the repaired machine, maintaining or improving the rated energy efficiency;
• ensuring environmental considerations are taken into account.
This document does not supersede the requirements prescribed in IEC 60079-19 or elsewhere concerning the repair and overhaul for machines used in explosive atmospheres.
Machines for special applications such as hermetic, submersible, nuclear, hydrogen cooled machines, military, aviation and traction motors might have additional requirements, which are the subject of agreement between the service facility and user.
This document is not intended to take the place of the original machine manufacturer's instructions and recommendations.
Re-designs and performance changes requiring machine designer input are beyond the scope of this document.