DODD 6055.09E(D) CE-03
EXPLOSIVES SAFETY MANAGEMENT (ESM)
|Publication Date:||26 June 2019|
• Implements Section 172 of Title 10, United States Code (U.S.C.) by establishing the DoD Explosives Safety Board (DDESB).
• Establishes policy and assigns responsibilities for the DDESB and DoD ESM, in accordance with Section 172 of Title 10, U.S.C., and DoD Directives 5134.01 and 4715.1E.
• Provides for the maintenance, oversight, and management of the DDESB as a standing joint board with a full-time staff.
• Designates the Secretary of the Army as the DoD Executive Agent for Emergency Response to Transportation Mishaps involving DoD Military Munitions in accordance with DoD Directive 5101.1.
• Authorizes the development and maintenance of supporting and clarifying DoD issuances and other publications, such as DoD Explosives Safety Regulations and DoD Explosives Safety Standards.