SAE - J2836-1
(R) Use Cases for Communication Between Plug-in Vehicles and the Utility Grid
|Publication Date:||1 July 2019|
This SAE Information Report establishes Use Cases for communication between plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) and the electric power grid, for energy transfer and other applications.
The purpose of SAE J2836-1 is to document the set of Use Cases which must be supported by SAE Recommended Practice SAE J2847-1.
Use Case Methodology
Each Use Case is described by a "package" comprising several components:
• Brief written description of the Use Case, its actors, and intended purpose.
• Scenario matrix, specifying required and optional Use Case attributes.
• Equipment diagram, depicting actors and physical components of the Use Case.
• Communication path diagram, depicting communication transports and components.
• Activity diagram, depicting the interactions among Use Case actors.
• Sequence diagram, depicting the sequence of message flows in the Use Case.
Several of these concepts (notably actors and the activity and sequence diagrams) derive from EPRI Intelligrid methodology, which in turn is based on Unified Modeling Language (UML).