Performance Standard for Hand Chain Manually Operated Chain Hoists
|Publication Date:||28 June 2019|
(a) This Standard establishes performance requirements for hand chain manually operated chain hoists for vertical lifting service involving material handling of freely suspended (unguided) loads, using welded link type load chain as a lifting medium, with one of the following types of suspension:
(1) hook or clevis
(b) This Standard is applicable to hoists manufactured after the date on which this Standard is issued. Differential pulley and self-locking worm drive type hoists are not covered in this Standard.
(c) This Standard is not applicable to
(1) damaged or malfunctioning hoists
(2) hoists that have been misused or abused
(3) hoists that have been altered without authorization of the manufacturer or a qualified person
(4) hoists used for lifting or supporting people
(5) hoists used for the purpose of drawing both the load and the hoist up or down the hoist's own load chain
(6) hoists used in applications where the load on the hand chain hoist is not freely suspended from the hand chain hoist
The requirements of this Standard shall be applied together with the requirements of ASME B30.16. Please also refer to ASME B30.16 for requirements pertaining to marking, construction, installation, inspection, testing, maintenance, and operation.