Tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry — Safetyrelated parts of control systems — Part 2: Concept phase
|Publication Date:||1 August 2019|
|ICS Code (Agricultural machines and equipment in general):||65.060.01|
|ICS Code (IT applications in other fields):||35.240.99|
This document specifies the concept phase of the development of safety-related parts of control systems (SRP/CS) on tractors used in agriculture and forestry and on self-propelled ride-on machines and mounted, semi-mounted and trailed machines used in agriculture. It can also be applied to mobile municipal equipment (such as street-sweeping machines).
This document is not applicable to:
- aircraft and air-cushion vehicles used in agriculture;
- lawn and garden equipment.
This document specifies the characteristics and categories required of SRP/CS for carrying out their safety-related functions. It does not identify performance levels for specific applications.
NOTE 1 Machine specific type-C standards can specify performance levels (AgPL) for safety-related functions in machines within their scope. Otherwise, the specification of AgPL is the responsibility of the manufacturer.
This document is applicable to the safety-related parts of electrical/electroni
Examples included within the scope of this document:
- SRP/CS's limiting current flow in electric hybrids to prevent insulation failure/shock hazards;
- electromagnetic interference with the SRP/CS;
- SRP/CS's designed to prevent fire.
Examples not included within the scope of this document:
- insulation failure due to friction that leads to electric shock hazards;
- nominal electromagnetic radiation impacting nearby machine control systems;
- corrosion causing electric cables to overheat.
This document is not applicable to non-E/E/PES systems (such as hydraulic, mechanic or pneumatic).
NOTE 2 See also ISO 12100 for design principles related to the safety of machinery.
This document is not applicable to safety-related parts of control systems manufactured before the date of its publication.