Development and operation of liquefied natural gas bunkering facilities
|Publication Date:||1 September 2019|
Scope and limitations of this recommended practice
The scope of this RP stretches across the activities, from the strategy phase through to the operation of an LNG bunkering facility.
The main topics covered by this RP are as follows:
- Development of LNG bunkering facilities
- Risk assessments for LNG bunkering facilities
- Safety management system (SMS) requirements
- Operation of LNG bunkering facilities
- Determination of the quantity and properties of the supplied LNG
Regarding simultaneous operations on land and sea (e.g. cargo handling, passenger operations, ship traffic close to the bunkering location, etc.), the RP addresses the risk management requirements and discusses the methodologies available.
The following are excluded from the scope of this RP:
- Installations, arrangements and operations on the receiving vessel other than those related to LNG bunkering.
- The development of intermediate storage facilities and any activity upstream from intermediate storage, in the value chain.
- The recycling or dismantling of an LNG bunkering facility at the end of its lifecycle.