DODD 4160.21-M VOL 1 CE-03
Defense Materiel Disposition: Disposal Guidance and Procedures
|Publication Date:||2 October 2019|
This manual is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5134.12, DoD Instruction (DoDI) 4140.01, DoDI 4160.28, and the July 13, 2018 Deputy Secretary of Defense Memorandum (References (a), (b), (c), and (bc)), this manual prescribes uniform procedures for the disposition of DoD personal property and establishes the sequence of processes for disposition of personal property of the DoD Components.
This volume of this manual:
(1) Reissues DoD 4160.21-M (Reference (d)).
(2) Implements the statutory authority and regulations under which DoD personal property disposal takes place, as well as the scope and applicability for the program.
(3) Defines the responsibilities of personnel and agencies involved in the Defense Materiel Disposition Program.
(4) Provides procedures for disposal of excess property and scrap.
(5) Provides procedures for property donations, loans, and exchanges.