ETSI - TS 102 771
Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Generic Stream Encapsulation (GSE) implementation guidelines
|Publication Date:||1 May 2011|
The present document gives guidelines for the implementation of the Generic Stream Encapsulation (GSE) Protocol.
The guidelines are intended to be recommended rules, advice and good practices for the usage of the GSE specifications defined in TS 102 606 , in order to assist systems integrators and equipment manufacturers. As such, they aim at facilitating the efficient and reliable implementation of GSE.
Outline of the present document
The present document:
• provides examples of system scenarios where GSE is applicable, with recommendations and advice for using specific GSE features for each scenario;
• provides extensive details about the use and implementation of advanced GSE features, and proposes transmitter and receiver functional architectures;
• addresses the use of the DVB signalling to locate GSE streams;
• presents the physical layer requirements assumed by GSE;
• specifies the use of GSE as an encapsulation protocol for physical layers.
GSE was initially devised for efficiently carrying IP data over DVB-S2 Generic Stream, however it provides a generic encapsulation mechanism potentially applicable to other second generation DVB standards. As a consequence, future revisions may provide new clauses referring to other second generation DVB standards not addressed in the present document.
Updates to the present document will be produced when more results from GSE compliant implementation tests and experience become available.