CEN - EN 16020
|Publication Date:||1 July 2011|
|ICS Code (Explosion protection):||13.230|
An explosion diverter is used to divert explosions propagating through ducts, thus preventing flame jet ignition and pressure piling in connected protected enclosures. It will reduce the risk of flame transmission.
This European Standard describes the basic design of a pipe-in-pipe diverter and specifies the testing requirements and the application of explosion diverters.
This European Standard covers:
- a test method for assessing the efficacy of explosion diverters;
- design rules for a type of pipe-in-pipe diverter;
- demands to venting device on diverter;
- installation requirements;
- maintenance requirements;
This European Standard considers dust/air explosive atmospheres only.