Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 1: General rules
|Publication Date:||1 August 2011|
|ICS Code (Low voltage switchgear and controlgear):||29.130.20|
NOTE 1 Throughout this standard, the term ASSEMBLY (see 3.1.1) is used for a low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembly.
This part of the IEC 61439 series lays down the definitions and states the service conditions, construction requirements, technical characteristics and verification requirements for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies.
This standard cannot be used alone to specify an ASSEMBLY or used for a purpose of determining conformity. ASSEMBLIES shall comply with the relevant part of the IEC 61439 series; Parts 2 onwards.
This standard applies to low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies (ASSEMBLIES) only when required by the relevant ASSEMBLY standard as follows:
- ASSEMBLIES for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V in case of a.c. or 1 500 V in case of d.c.;
- stationary or movable ASSEMBLIES with or without enclosure;
- ASSEMBLIES intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment;
- ASSEMBLIES designed for use under special service conditions, for example in ships and in rail vehicles provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with;
NOTE 2 Supplementary requirements for ASSEMBLIES in ships are covered by IEC 60092-302.
- ASSEMBLIES designed for electrical equipment of machines provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with.
NOTE 3 Supplementary requirements for ASSEMBLIES forming part of a machine are covered by the IEC 60204 series.
This standard applies to all ASSEMBLIES whether they are designed, manufactured and verified on a one-off basis or fully standardised and manufactured in quantity.
The manufacture and/or assembly may be carried out other than by the original manufacturer (see 3.10.1).
This standard does not apply to individual devices and self-contained components, such as motor starters, fuse switches, electronic equipment, etc. which will comply with the relevant product standards.