Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 2: Power switchgear and controlgear assemblies
|Publication Date:||1 August 2011|
|ICS Code (Low voltage switchgear and controlgear):||29.130.20|
NOTE 1 Throughout this part, the abbreviation PSC-ASSEMBLY (see 3.1.101) is used for a power switchgear and controlgear ASSEMBLY.
This part of IEC 61439 defines the specific requirements of power switchgear and controlgear assemblies (PSC-ASSEMBLIES) as follows:
- ASSEMBLIES for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V in case of a.c. or 1 500 V in case of d.c.;
- stationary or movable ASSEMBLIES with or without enclosure;
- ASSEMBLIES intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment;
- ASSEMBLIES designed for use under special service conditions, for example in ships and in rail vehicles provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with;
NOTE 2 Supplementary requirements for ASSEMBLIES in ships are covered by IEC 60092-302.
- ASSEMBLIES designed for electrical equipment of machines. Supplementary requirements for ASSEMBLIES forming part of a machine are covered by the IEC 60204 series.
This standard applies to all ASSEMBLIES whether they are designed, manufactured and verified on a one-off basis or fully standardised and manufactured in quantity.
The manufacture and/or assembly may be carried out other than by the original manufacturer (see 3.10.1).
This standard does not apply to individual devices and self-contained components, such as motor starters, fuse switches, electronic equipment, etc. which will comply with the relevant product standards.This standard does not apply to the specific types of ASSEMBLIES covered by other parts of IEC 61439. For ASSEMBLIES not covered by other parts this part applies.