CENELEC - EN 61439-1
Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 1: General rules
|Publication Date:||1 October 2011|
|ICS Code (Low voltage switchgear and controlgear):||29.130.20|
NOTE 1 Throughout this standard, the term ASSEMBLY (see 3.1.1) is used for a low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembly.
This part of the IEC 61439 series lays down the definitions and states the service conditions, construction requirements, technical characteristics and verification requirements for lowvoltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies.
This standard cannot be used alone to specify an ASSEMBLY or used for a purpose of determining conformity. ASSEMBLIES shall comply with the relevant part of the IEC 61439 series; Parts 2 onwards.
This standard applies to low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies (ASSEMBLIES) only when required by the relevant ASSEMBLY standard as follows:
- ASSEMBLIES for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V in case of a.c. or 1 500 V in case of d.c.;
- stationary or movable ASSEMBLIES with or without enclosure;
- ASSEMBLIES intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment;
- ASSEMBLIES designed for use under special service conditions, for example in ships and in rail vehicles provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with;
NOTE 2 Supplementary requirements for ASSEMBLIES in ships are covered by IEC 60092-302.
- ASSEMBLIES designed for electrical equipment of machines provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with.
NOTE 3 Supplementary requirements for ASSEMBLIES forming part of a machine are covered by the IEC 60204 series.
This standard applies to all ASSEMBLIES whether they are designed, manufactured and verified on a one-off basis or fully standardised and manufactured in quantity.
The manufacture and/or assembly may be carried out other than by the original manufacturer (see 3.10.1).
This standard does not apply to individual devices and self-contained components, such as motor starters, fuse switches, electronic equipment, etc. which will comply with the relevant product standards.