IEC GUIDE 108
Guidelines for ensuring the coherence of IEC publications – Horizontal functions, horizontal publications and their application
|Publication Date:||1 November 2019|
|ICS Code (Standardization. General rules):||01.120|
This Guide defines and describes:
- the concept of horizontal functions and horizontal publications;
- the relationship between horizontal publications and product publications;
- the optional use of types and categories of horizontal publications;
- the procedures for the designation of horizontal functions to a technical committee;
- the responsibilities of a technical committee with a horizontal function;
- the interaction between technical committees with horizontal functions and product committees;
- the interaction between Advisory Committees and technical committees with horizontal functions;
- the responsibilities of Advisory Committees related to horizontal functions and horizontal publications;
- the responsibilities of product committees using horizontal publications.
Note: The IEC Standardization Management Board (SMB) has decided that Guides such as this one can have mandatory requirements which shall be followed by all IEC committees developing technical work that falls within the scope of the guide, as well as guidance which may or may not be followed. The mandatory requirements in this Guide are identified by the use of "shall". Statements that are only for guidance are identified by using the verb "should".