Specification for Refrigerant Plumbing Combi Sensors (Pressure and Temperature)
|Publication Date:||1 November 2019|
This document describes the quality, reliability, durability, and performance requirements of the solid-state air conditioning Temperature sensor, herein referred to as the Refrigerant Combi Sensor (Pressure and Temperature), to sense refrigerant temperature in an automotive air-conditioning (A/C) system. This sensor contains an Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) as a subcomponent. The sensor shall be located on the High/Low-temperature
This specification is to establish the functional, packaging and interface requirements for a common Refrigerant Plumbing High/Low Side Combi Sensor (Pressure and Temperature). The verification part is to help the supplier develop the correct test plan for their validation testing.
The sensor is to be used with the following Refrigerants and Oils:
• R134a (GM Part Number (P/N) 9985751 or equivalent).
• HFO1234yf (GM P/N 9986319 or equivalent). See Global Product Description System/Area Parts Manager (GPDS/APM).
• Polyalkylene Glycol (PAG) compressor oil (material specification 9986181 for R134a) and (material specification 9986479 for HFO1234yf) - PAG oil specification, refer to the following:
• PSD1 - material specification 9986364 (USA Service P/N 19260643, Canada Service P/N 19260644).
• PAG46 - material specification 9986365.
• ND12 - material specification 9986366 (USA Service P/N 19299051, Canada Service P/N 19299052).
• SP-A2 - material specification 9273590 (USA Service P/N 19333249, Canada Service P/N 19333250).
• Polyolester (POE) compressor oil - material specification 9986277 (USA Service P/N 88862657, Canada Service P/N 88862658).
• Reference Statement of Requirements (SOR) Appendix C for details.