ISO DIS 22955
Acoustics — Acoustic quality of open office spaces
|Publication Date:||30 January 2020|
|ICS Code (Acoustics in building. Sound insulation):||91.120.20|
|ICS Code (Noise with respect to human beings):||13.140|
This document applies to all open-plan offices, in which the following activities are performed:
- Space type 1: when the activity isn't known yet - vacant floor plate;
- Space type 2: activity mainly focusing on outside of the room communication (by telephone/ audio/video);
- Space type 3: activity mainly based on collaboration between people at nearest workstation;
- Space type 4: activity based on a small amount of collaborative work;
- Space type 5: activity which may involve receiving the public;
- Space type 6: combining activities within the same space.
It is a guide to support technical dialogue and formal commitment between the various stakeholders involved in the planning, design, construction or layout of open-plan workspaces: end customers, project owners, prescribers, consultants, etc.
More specifically, it applies to refitting projects of existing business sites (renovation and/or change or add activities) and layout projects for new spaces and spaces delivered unfurnished.
This document covers all activities and applies to the operations of the following stakeholders:
- end customer: diagnosis, survey, expression of needs in keeping with his knowledge in the area of acoustics;
- project owner: drafting contract specifications;
- project management companies (architects, acousticians, ergonomists, economists and consulting engineers): indicating the performance of acoustic solutions and the layout principles used to achieve the result expressed in the specifications;
- building trade: reaching a clear and verifiable target with respect to the choices of materials and implementation;
- promoter: promoting acoustic comfort in estate operations in order to use it as a competitive element;
- specialists in occupational health, safety and quality;
- expert assessments and consultancy.