ISO DIS 23551-11
Safety and control devices for gas burners and gas-burning appliances — Particular requirements — Part 11: Automatic shut-off valves for operating pressure of above 500 kPa up to and including 6300 kPa
|Publication Date:||18 February 2020|
|ICS Code (Gas fuel burners):||27.060.20|
This part of ISO 23551 specifies safety, constructional and performance requirements testing and documentation of automatic and semi-automatic shut-off valves for gas burners, gas appliances and appliances of similar use.
This International standard applies to controls for use at maximum operating pressures above 500 kPa up to and including 6300 kPa with sizes up to DN 250 / 10 inch for use on burners or in appliances using fuel gases, as natural gas, manufactured gas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
It applies to
- valves being mounted in gas installations,
- valves directly or indirectly actuated, electrically or by mechanical means,
- valves actuated by hydraulic or pneumatic means, including the pilot valves for these fluids if actuated electrically and including release valves, but not to any external electrical devices for switching the actuating energy;
- valves where the flow rate is controlled by external electrical signals, either in discrete steps or proportional to the applied signal and valves fitted with closed position indicator switches.
- this document covers the valve to be used in appliances, but not in gas transfer system outside appliances
This part of ISO 23551 covers type testing only.
This International standard does not apply to valves covered under the scope of ISO 23551-1 and ISO 23555 series.